An angular contact bearing (spindle bearing) is expertly crafted for speed and precision and is a great choice for applications that:
- Operate at high-speeds,
- Need bearing load support,
- Need rigidity.
Angular contact ball bearings are designed for combination radial and axial loading. Single-row bearings have high thrust capacity in one direction. Some single-row bearings are specifically designed for duplex mounting in sets for maximum performance. Double-row Conrad bearings can accommodate thrust in both directions.
Types of Angular Contact Bearing
There are many types of angular contact ball bearings. We supply these types of bearings:
- Single row angular contact ball bearings
- Double row angular contact ball bearings
- Four-point contact ball bearings
- Super-precision angular contact ball bearings
- Fixed section angular contact ball bearings
Angular Contact Bearing Options
If you have specific customization needs, check with our bearing technicians to get the right bearing designed, manufactured and ordered.
- Cage Material: Phenolic Resin (standard) or PEEK with Carbon Fiber.
- Ball Material: 52100 Bearing Steel, Ceramic (Silicon Nitride, Si3N4).
- Contact Angle: Offered in 15, 25, 30 and 40 degree angles.
- Preload: Light, Medium, Heavy or Spring-Loaded.
- Sealed Bearings: Bearing Sealing Types.
- Lubrication: Grease or Oil.
- Direct Oil Lubrication: On request we can provide a small hole on the outer ring of the bearing for lateral oil supply.
- Grease Lubrication: Similar to the direct oil lubrication, except a slightly larger hole on the outer ring for the grease supply.
- Tolerance Options: PN (standard), P6 (Abec 3), P5 (Abec 5) , P4 (Abec 7) or P2 (Abec 9).
Applications of Angular Contact Bearings
Here are examples of applications in which angular contact ball bearings might be used:
- Metal cutting & woodworking machinery spindles
- Machine spindles
- Vacuum pumps
- High speed rolling mills
- Printing machinery
- Machine components for the semiconductor industry
- Boat gyro-stabilizers
- Racing cars
- High speed turbochargers
- High-speed pumps
- And more