Double Row Angular Contact ball bearings have two rows of balls arranged back-to-back. The lines of action of the load at the contact between balls and raceways (load lines) diverge at the bearing axis and form an angle of 30° to the radial plane. They are available with seals or shields.
Series of Double Row Angular Contact Ball Bearings
Double Row Angular Contact ball bearings are available in two numerical series:
- 5200 Series – Lighter load, higher speed, more/smaller balls per bore diameter.
- 5300 Series – Heavier load, slower speed, fewer/larger balls per bore diameter.
Features of Double Row Angular Contact Ball Bearings
- Less axial space: Can be used for applications where two single row angular contact ball bearings arranged back-to-back take up too much axial space.
- Accommodates radial as well as axial loads in either direction.
- Accommodates tilting moments.
- Stiff bearing arrangement.
Application of Double Row Angular Contact Ball Bearings
Double row angular contact ball bearings are mainly used in oil pumps, roots blowers, air compressors, all kinds of transmission, fuel injection pumps, printing machinery, planetary reducer, extraction equipment, cycloid reducer, food packaging machinery.