The solutions to solids from manufacturing or previous bearing failures in the housing
- Denting of the bearing contact surfaces can occur when solid contaminants are left in the bearing housing from a previous failure, from wear of other components such as gears, or from contaminated lubricant.
- This can increase temperature, noise and vibration levels.
- Remove any burrs and make sure that all machined surfaces are smooth.
- Thoroughly clean the housing and all components within the housing before fitting a new bearing.
- Make sure the applied lubricant is clean and does not contain any contaminants. (Grease containers should be closed and stored properly.)