The solutions to the bearing lock nut is loose on the shaft or adapter sleeve
- A loose lock nut can cause the bearing to come loose on its seat.
- This can cause the inner ring to creep (turn) on its shaft seat.
- This condition can increase noise levels and heat generated by the bearing, but also leads to poor positioning of the bearing.
- Tighten the lock nut to obtain the appropriate position of the inner ring (bearing internal clearance).
- Make sure the lock nut is properly locked, with a lock washer tab, for example, when mounting is completed.