The solutions to too heavily loaded bearings as a result of changing application parameters
Considerations during redesign or re-manufacturing
- Increasing the external loads on a bearing will generate more heat within the bearing.
- Heavier loads will reduce bearing service life.
- Therefore, if a design change is made, review the loads to make sure they have not increased.
- Going from a coupling to a belt drive.
- Going from a coupling to a sheave.
- Increasing the speed of a piece of equipment.
- Changes in the performance of a piece of equipment should be reviewed with the original equipment manufacturer.